CRYOLIST Message Guidelines
Below, I outline some guidelines that we have set forth for posting messages to the list. Please read these over and refer to them when posting.
- Do NOT include attachments – these are scrubbed from digest messages and users have to dig through the archives to find them. Instead, copy and paste text into the message itself.
- DO include a useful subject – “PhD position available at Ohio State University (USA)” is far better than “Please post this to CRYOLIST”. These subjects are preserved for eternity!
- Do NOT email moderators and ask them to post your messages. Send all messages to the list at CRYOLIST@CRYOLIST.ORG
- Do NOT hold lengthy discussion on the list. Reply to the original author. The original author should post a summary of the discussion back to the list.
- If you’re not sure if your message was sent, please wait 24 hours and then check the archives before asking the list moderators what happened.
- Those seeking opportunities are encouraged to search the CRYOLIST archives for previous announcements.